Thank you for coming. 😀
*races around handing out Turkish delight and goblets of fruit punch*
I can hardly believe it, but I’ve been blogging for a year. 179 posts. Over 500 comments. 7,676 views. And plenty of long hours at the keyboard. It’s been crazy, challenging, and fun.
Here are a few highlights…
Most popular posts:
- Spec-fic genres getting together for dinner
- The dark side of fiction
- How to speak geek—fantasy version
- The Time That Was Not—Part 1
- The problem with Doctor Who
I’d like to say THANK YOU! to everyone who’s taken the time to read, comment, share on social media, and tell me you enjoy my posts. Knowing I’ve been able to provide entertainment and mental stimulation through what I write is a blessing.
You guys are the best, and I’m truly grateful for your presence and interaction. It makes all the effort worthwhile.
Speaking of gratitude, what better way to show that than with a giveaway? (release the clouds of confetti)
That’s right—this is a party in the style of hobbits. The one celebrating (yours truly) provides the gifts to the attendees.
Other than the few stories I’ve shared here, I don’t have anything to give you. But I have awesome writing friends, and a handful of them graciously agreed to contribute to my giveaway so I would actually have something to give away. LOL
Here’s the list of books and their respective authors:
- Bellanok: The Reluctant Savior and Bellanok: An Urgent Quest by Ralene Burke (ebooks)
- I’d Punch a Lion in the Face for You by Ben Wolf (hard copy)
- Darby Shaw Chronicles Box Set (books 1-3) by Liberty Speidel (ebook & audiobook)
- A New Threat by Aaron DeMott (choice between hard copy and ebook)
- Secrets Kept by Jennette Mbewe (signed paperback)
- Curio by Evangeline Denmark (hard copy)
Pretty sweet, huh? Click on the links to see descriptions of the books on Amazon.
Speaking of parties and prizes, fellow blogger and fantasy author Jennette Mbewe is holding a giveaway, too. Popular today, aren’t they? Must be the fact that it’s a leap day. 😉
You should head over and check out her birthday bash post.
I have two questions for you. Answering one of them (though I wouldn’t mind if you answered both…LOL) will give you a point in the giveaway, so pay heed.
- What was your favorite post from this past year?
- What would you like to see more of in the future—author interviews, funny posts, thoughtful posts, posts related to my writing, more stories, guest posts?
By the way, that “a” stands for announcements, because I have one quick thing to say before I let you loose on the giveaway. I’ve been at this for a year, and though I enjoy it, there’s this little problem called having enough time.
Before you freak out, don’t worry. This isn’t my retirement speech. I’m going to continue blogging, but in the upcoming months I may have to reduce the number of times I post per week. Partly so I can keep up with life, partly so I can formulate good posts. And mainly so I can give more attention to my stories.
I don’t know how it will work out yet, so stay tuned for details. In the meantime, have another Turkish delight and enter the giveaway.
- It runs for two weeks
- There will be three winners—first place gets choice of books by any two of the authors, second place gets choice of books from two of the remaining four authors, and third place gets whatever happens to be left
- I’ll announce the winners two weeks from today, on March 14
- I’d be much obliged if you share the giveaway on social media
May the odds be ever in your favor.