My blog is going to be two years old next week.
*confetti, chocolate cake, wide-eyed shock*
More about that in Monday’s post, so keep those elf-eyes on sharp lookout.
Today, I thought it would be fun to do a throwback to one of my early posts. It’s about addiction. And Lord of the Rings.
Just yes. 😀
25 Signs You’re a Lord of the Rings Addict
At least in this case.
We are talking Lord of the Rings, after all. One of the best fantasy books EVER!
Lord of the Rings has one of the most passionate fan bases in the world.
Here are a few indications you might be part of the raging LOTR fandom.
Note: Studies (conducted by experts, of course…who may or may not have furry feet and never wear shoes) show that to qualify as a Lord of the Rings addict, you must exhibit at least 50% of the following.
- You own both the regular and extended version DVDs.
- Your copy of the book is as worn as the one in the picture above.
- Thanks to hobbits, you no longer have an aversion to hairy feet.
- You can name the three Elvish rings.
- You’ve done a marathon of the three movies at least once.
- You’re a member of at least one Lord of the Rings group on Facebook.
- You have studied elvish, dwarvish, or both.
- You’re a whiz at Lord of the Rings trivia.
- You have a habit of imitating Gollum (yesss, preciousss).
- Not only have you watched the movies, but you’ve watched all the extras, too.
- You can recite lines from the movies verbatim.
- When you watch the movies, you can point out all the things they changed from the book.
- You could spend hours on sites such as The Tolkienist and LOTR Project.
- You could talk about the books and movies for hours without running out of things to say
- You randomly spout off quotes, such as “Po-tay-toes. Boil ’em, mash ’em, put ’em in a stew.”
- You’ve memorized at least one of the poems in the book.
- You know that technically speaking, Lord of the Rings (the book) is NOT a trilogy.
- You have costumes that you proudly wear.
- You buy Lord of the Rings merchandise, everything from jewelry to weapons to posters—or, if you’re creative, you make your own.
- You have been known to study the hobbit family trees.
- The book always ends up in your favorite books list.
- When asked which fantasy world you’d most want to visit, your first thought is, “Middle-earth, of course!”
- After considering your answer for a moment, you decide maybe not, since it’s such a dark and dangerous place.
- You’ve had discussions on what it meant for characters to sail into the West.
- Whenever you meet a fellow Lord of the Rings geek, you sense an immediate bond with them.
You’ve read the list. The results are in.
Are you a Lord of the Rings addict? Why or why not? Let me know here or on social media.